From one small firm in 2011 to a national RIA with 36 offices in 2020, Beacon Pointe has experienced tremendous growth within the industry in a short period of time.
Beacon Pointe’s M&A strategy has played a large role in its growth and they have evolved into one of the leading, most active – and most strategic acquirers in the industry.
In this episode, Mark Bruno, managing director at Informa Wealth Management, speaks with Matthew Cooper, Founding Partner, President, Beacon Pointe Advisors to discuss the firm’s growth strategy, and best practices for buying and selling a business.
Mark and Matt discuss:
- How the challenges of smaller RIAs, the competition for talent, and the evolution of technology all influenced Beacon Pointe’s M&A strategy
- The profile of an ideal acquisition for Beacon Pointe
- What are the primary motivators for RIAs that are looking to exit their market
- When bringing firms together under Beacon Pointe what happens “after the close.” More specifically, how Beacon Pointe approaches operational and cultural integration to create new growth and value
Connect With Mark Bruno:
- LinkedIn | Mark Bruno
- Mark Bruno (@brunz99) | Twitter
- Informa: Overview | LinkedIn
Connect With Matt Cooper:
About Our Guest:
Matt is a founding partner of Beacon Pointe Advisors and oversees the firm’s strategic plan focused on mergers and acquisitions, creating synergistic partnerships between Beacon Pointe and other wealth managers across the country. He regularly speaks on a host of wealth management and industry-related topics across various national conferences. Matt has a passion for continuous lifetime learning with a focus on the wealth management and financial life management industries. At a time when the RIA industry is changing more rapidly than any other point in history, his focus is on building the best possible business to serve clients and to assist other wealth advisors in meeting their lifetime goals. Matt graduated from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business with a BS in Finance and Business Economics.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed