There is a “CEO state of mind” that some leaders of advisory firms have adopted to ensure that growth is front-and-center for all of its team members every day. SVB Private is one of the best examples of this and their growth mindset can provide a blueprint and framework for hundreds of RIAs to learn from.
In this episode of RIA Edge, Mark Bruno, Managing Director at Informa Wealth Management, speaks with Anthony DeChellis, CEO of SVB Private Bank, on growth within the RIA market. Anthony reveals how a client’s financial planning needs influence who they go to for financial advice, and how RIAs can expand through organic and inorganic strategies.
Mark and Anthony discuss:
- How does SVB approach the market given its history in the RIA space and what are some of the unique problems it solves for.
- What drew SVB to acquire Boston Private in 2021 and how it’s transforming the company.
- How SVB Private approaches M&A activity and evaluates acquisition opportunities
- Best practices for creating truly strategic – and repeatable – organic growth
Connect With Mark Bruno:
- LinkedIn | Mark Bruno
- Mark Bruno (@brunz99) | Twitter
- Informa: Overview | LinkedIn
Connect With Anthony DeChellis:
About Our Guest:
Anthony DeChellis is the Chief Executive Officer of SVB Private. He served as the CEO and President of Boston Private and President and a member of the Boston Private Board of Directors for 2 years prior to the close of SVB Financial Group’s acquisition of the firm in 2021.
Anthony has over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. Before joining Boston Private, he was President of OurCrowd Venture Capital, an equity capital crowdfunding platform. From 2006 to 2013, Anthony was the CEO of Credit Suisse Private Banking, Americas, where he led dramatic growth of the Private Banking & Wealth Management businesses across North and South America.